Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Eeek! A Mouse!

It's come to my attention that I've written about TS Mickey and Minnie before (here and here for example), but I've never given you a full head-on image of what they actually look like.

Are you sitting down? Are you eating? If so, I'd chew and swallow and make sure your stomach is feeling strong before you look at this. Also, that your cubicle is soundproof and/or the boss is out to lunch, in case you get the urge to scream. I'll wait.



Okay, here goes:



I'm going to be honest. I can't actually put my finger on what makes these costumes so. goddamned. creepy. Maybe it's that Mickey's face looks like it was recently flattened by Steamboat Willie. Maybe it's that Minnie has eyelashes growing out of her eyebrows (girl, I know a good threader who can help with that). Or maybe it's just those perma-smiles, combined with Mickey's body language, that makes me think that isn't a "hahahaha" kind of laugh but a "bwahahaha" kind of laugh. You know, the kind that serial killers make when they're showing you around their perfectly lovely kitchen...that has seven tied and bound victims right underneath it.

Nice hat, though Mickey. I do like how every time I see you, you're just that much more coordinated. I'm looking forward to the embroidered blue and white star on that Christmas stocking that I'm sure is being worked on as we speak. By your enslaved, helpless victims undoubtedly.

1 comment:

  1. What's weird is that Minnie looks like her elbow is nudging Mickey, while Mickey is telling Minnie some sort of secret. I don't remember these two characters ever being so mischievous...

    ReplyDelete