Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ricoh...Suavé



Wow, Ricoh. Times Square's Only 100% Solar and Wind Powered Billboard, huh? That's very admirable. Very forward-thinking of you. Very green if you will.

Except that, uh, this billboard is made of cardboard, has no moving parts, and is not lit up. So by solar-powered, do you mean that I can see it by the light of day? Cause if that's the case, I may have to call shenanigans, sir, since that would mean that many of Times Square's treasures are in fact "solar-powered:" the Scientology-approved shish kabob carts, Kenny G.'s face on those crazy Bertelsmann ads, the 34.6 people that ask me if I like comedy every day. In fact, solar-powered by your definition goes back to before the dawn of time. Get it?! Dawn...

Okay, fine, that was lame. But so is your sign, Ricoh.* So is your sign.

*In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that I once had a job where one of my responsibilities was to call in for repairs whenever a certain Ricoh color printer went down. Which happened at least every other day. But looking at this sign, maybe the damn printer was solar-powered and if I had only taken it out for a stroll every morning it wouldn't have given me any problems at all. Huh...

No comments:

Post a Comment